Friday, July 11, 2008

What is this?

This is what those who surf this here intraweb call a weblog. But you already knew that. The purpose of this blog is what you want to know. Well, there are several. The catalyst is school. I'm currently enrolled at the Univeristy of Michigan's School of Education. The Teaching with Technology course (Educ 504), requires that all students start a blog. So one aspect of this blog will focus on reflecting on my experiences in this unique education program. A short description of the program:

I'm pursuing what is called a SMAC: Secondary Master's (of Education) And Certification. This is SMAC in a nutshell: Masters degree + Teaching certification in 11 months. It's intense, but I'm three weeks into it and so far it's manageable. There’s lots of reading and soon lots of writing.

The other focuses of the blog are evident from the title: my teaching content area (physics, astronomy and maybe a little math). The rest will be filled with family related posts. My beautiful wife and daughter support me in everything I do. And soon my family will expand to include a baby boy, due to arrive the week before Thanksgiving.

Anymore you want to know? Leave a comment!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your blog is so much better than mine. So much more educated (and literate) sounding. Plus, you have cute pictures of your little one. I'm jealous!

I wonder if we should make t-shirts for the program that used the word, "SMACdown!" It would really show how difficult the program is.
-Rebekah-

MGoDan said...

a t-shirt would be cool. if it's not tooooooo dorky.

Ben said...

Dan,

If you put "Harvard: the Michigan of the East" on a t-shirt, I'll be forced to start a counter-t-shirt movement of my own!

Stephanie V said...

I AM ADDICTED TO MGOBLOG.

Seriously, it's a problem.