Sunday, December 28, 2008

Physics Education on the Interwebs

So I've been scouring the intertubes trying to vet resources for good physics content. I've found too many, I think, because I don't know what to use or how to use it. One blog that really has good info is hippocampus. Here, I found links to a few sites that run some great simulations. One I already knew about was Phet. The second was hippocampus. The third was the Physlets. They all have great stuff, but how should I use them? Too many options! HALP!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hippocampus looks like a nice site. After having taught physics in the "real world" this year for a bit, I think that having nice lab activities is a huge plus. As far as the aspect of doing the data on excel spreadsheets, that could be fun if you had accurate equipment and higher level students who can actually perform a real analysis of data. Many of the lower level students will claim that they don't have the ability to work with spreadsheets/computers at home (which is sometimes true).